Thursday 11 August 2011

Laptop update

My laptop turned on straight away today which was totally unexpected. It seems to be working fine (minus the slowness every now and then). I tried to restore it last night and it failed, so I've been deleting a lot of unwanted/unused programs/files just to try and see if it was software related. I read in the comments that people think I should get a laptop cooler fan. My laptop has been getting really hot recently so I'm going to do this. I've been looking on ebay for them and they're reasonably cheap, I was wondering if any of you have a laptop cooling tray that you'd recommend? I'll buy one asap.

In other news.. I'm going to see Newton Faulkner tomorrow! So excited! I still don't know how I'm getting to/from the venue which is a little worrying. The gig don't start until 7.30 but i'm going to try and be there for 3ish. I want to try and meet him xD.
So let's just hope this cooling fan thing works and my laptop lives happily ever after.. That and I get to meet Newton. AAAAAAAH.

11 comments:

  1. Can't recommend a specific cooling tray, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these songs I never of this guy before but hes quite the singer!
    Make sure to take pictures at the concert to post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting your computer issues sorted... have fun at the Faulkner show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My laptop lost it's cooling fan. You don't want to know what insane shenanagains I have to use to keep it cool now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the computer started again, but dont trust it too much hahaha Hope you enjoy the newton faulkner show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the other thing is if you're doing a microsoft windows restore (to just an earlier point) is not nearly as effective as just reformatting and re-installing windows completely.

    I've actually found system restore to be pointless most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I am thinking about backing up some of my files and then just reformatting it o;

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a cooling fan, and it works pretty well. Its by Zalman: http://lps2u.com/newshop/product_images/y/066/ZALMANZMNC200__79296_zoom.jpg

    The only problem is that it is USB powered...which seemed kind of counter productive. So I have it plugged into my powerbar, via my iPod wall adapter haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh that one looks pretty good! I saw one similar on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. vodka cooling tray system...

    ReplyDelete